PASAGENA (CBSLA) – Two new COVID-19 test sites will open Wednesday in the province of Los Angeles, as the lack of testing remains a problem throughout the area.
The cars are waiting for a coronavirus test at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on the 7th. April 2020. (Getty Images)
On Wednesday, South Los Angeles will receive its first test site, a mobile test site at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science.
The new figures released on Tuesday show that African-Americans throughout the country have a higher mortality rate from the coronavirus than other nationalities.
Officials also recognised that people in low-income areas have more difficulty accessing testing than people in high-income areas.
One thing we already know is that screening is much less common in communities where most people live in or near poverty, Los Angeles County Health Director Dr. Barbara Ferrer told reporters Tuesday.
7. April 2020. (Getty Images)
So far, at least 35,300 people have been tested throughout the district, 14% of them positive. Therefore, an estimated 20 000 negative laboratory results have not yet been reported by commercial laboratories, which is considered excessive.
Also outside the Rose Bowl in Pasadena travel tests were carried out from 11.00 to 15.00 hours. Wednesday. It will be open to 100 people. To do this, you must be at least 65 years old and have underlying symptoms or be quarantined after exposure to VIDOC-19, Pasadena said.
Requires prior registration on the Los Angeles County website.
There are currently 16 test facilities in Los Angeles County and one test site.
- Antelope Valley Mall (1233 Rancho Vista Boulevard, Palmdale, California 91768)
- Pomona Fairplex (Gate 17 – V. McKinley/Fairplex Drive)
- South Bay Gallery (Hawthorne Boulevard, 1815, Redondo Beach, California 90278).
- Carbon Health – Echo Park – only on foot (2110 Sunset Boulevard, Lux M, Los Angeles, California 90026)
- Crenshaw Christian Center (7901 S. Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90044)
- Glendale Memorial Hospital (222 W. Eulalia St., Glendale, CA 91204)
- Hansen Dam Health Center (entrance Osborne Street, 11798 Boulevard at the foot of the mountain, terrace overlooking the lake, California 91342).
- Desert High Medical Group (43839 15 St. Vincent, Lancaster, California 93534)
- Hotchkin Memorial Training Center (1700 Way Stadium, Los Angeles, California 90012)
- Parking VA 15 (corner of Constitution Street and Davis, 100 Constitution Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90095)
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center (Roscoe Boulevard, 18460, Northridge, California 91325 (entrance Reseda Boulevard).
- Lincoln Park (3501 Valley Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90095).
- Altmed Kommer Emergency Aid (972 Gudrich Boulevard, Commerce, California 90022)
- Altamed Pico Rivera Emergency (6336 Pico Rivera Boulevard, California 90660)
- Emergency Altamede South Gate (8627 Atlantic Avenue, South Gate, California 90280)
- Long Beach City College (1305 E. Pacific Coast Hwy., Long Beach, CA 90806)
- Altamed West Covina Emergency (1300 Sunset Ave., West Covina, California, 91790).
To take the test, you first need to register online and make an appointment.
On Monday, the mayor of Los Angeles, Eric Garcetti, announced that province-wide testing is now open to anyone with symptoms of the coronavirus.